UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
The Administrative Associate works with UNICEF GSSC’s Service Quality Management (SQM) team and performs highly skilled customer feedback and change management related functions. The incumbent of the post performs initiatives in the identification and resolution of issues, problems and provides substantive technical assistance to staff within GSSC as well as to our customers. The impact thus affects not only the design and functionality of GSSC supported activities related to customer solutions, but also the operational effectiveness of staff throughout UNICEF.
Under the direct supervision of the Client Engagement Specialist, the Administrative Associate will be responsible for reviewing, coordinating and responding to feedback and requests from the customers. In line with the customer engagement strategy and customer feedback framework, the incumbent is expected to provide logistics support to client engagement activities, capture key points from the meetings and share with the concerned staff, and identify process improvement points.
The Administrative Associate is expected to follow up customer engagement actions and provide answers to offices on a timely basis. The incumbent is also responsible for supporting change management related activities through supporting clients, facilitating rollout, collecting feedback and carrying out customer engagement related administrative support.
This is a Temporary Appointment for a duration of 6 months.
The anticipated start date of this Temporary Appointment is 1 June 2023.
As an advocate for every child, you will receive:
• A competitive salary which is exempted from paying national income taxes in Hungary on United Nations emoluments, with a net minimum monthly salary of HUF 587,257.00
• Hybrid work opportunity
• Holidays and leave
• Parental leave
• Dependency allowance
• United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan
• Pension plan
• Optional life insurance plan
• Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
• Access to staff well-being support
• Access to career development support
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
• Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in administration/finance/human resources/customer service is required for candidates without university degrees.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in customer service or administration for candidates holding Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business related fields.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) is required.
• Relevant experience in customer service is required.
• Work experience in data analysis and reporting is an asset.
• Previous experience in working with SAP or similar ERP system is an asset.
• Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
• Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive communication and information is desirable.
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize is desirable.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.
Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID).