Driven to be the best Together…
Why Avis Budget Group?
– Flexible way of working according to our remote policy in effect
– Possibility to work from abroad (according to remote policy in affect)
– Cafeteria with wide range of elements, e.g. SZÉP Card (Széchenyi Recreation Card), mutual aid fund, targeted health fund, pension fund, language course
– Employee discounts program at various contracted partners
– We are proud of working at the greenest of Budapest – Green House Office Building
– We support your career development with internal learning portfolio and talent programs
– We are never bored – our Fun Factory team takes care of event organisation (well-being & mental health program, team building, social events, CSR – Charity activities)
– Recognition program – we appreciate your achievements
– Additional holiday for your birthday
– Young, dynamic, and multinational environment – the average age alongside the BSC is 31years, we represent over 30 nationalities
The purpose of the job is to manage a team of professionals who will take care of platform development and operations support within a new centralized global data architecture, engineering and analytics framework. The job is both technical and managerial, focusing on platform development, operations and support aspect of the IT solutions delivered within the data realm but also coaching and growing a team of experts.
As a Data Engineering Manager your role will be:
– Ensuring that standards and procedures for the effective integration of systems into operational services are developed, maintained and adhered to.
– Reviewing new or amended standards, procedures and other processes, checking for compliance against the quality system, and external standards where appropriate
– Translates logical designs into physical designs and delivers technical prototypes of proposed components for approval by customer and execution by technicians.
– Working with data management colleagues to ensure that modelling is carried out consistently, and that corporate standards for repository administration and data dictionaries are observed
– Applying appropriate safeguards to handling the data and any analysis results
– Investigating available information sources (including, for example, from sensors & measurement systems), to establish what information is available
– Within a project environment, assist in the investigation of application data and process requirements, documenting them according to the required standards utilising the prescribed methods and tools
– Taking a leading technical role in systems development projects, both within systems design and in interfaces with other stages of development. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options.
– Ensuring that the risks associated with the installation or decommissioning are understood and that measures to reduce them are adopted where appropriate.
– Setting goals and assessing performance
– Conducting periodic performance reviews
– Assessing and establishing training plan for each team member
– Assign tasks, roles and responsibilities to each team member within the framework and workstreams of the larger IT organization
To join us, we are looking forward to your application if you have:
– University / College degree in preferably IT domain, or Business/Economics
– 6-7+ years of relevant work experience in data platform engineering and/or business intelligence
– Advanced expertise in many areas of data platform engineering (infrastructure resources: storage, computation, networking, data management, transfer related to complex data solutions) and data engineering (data modelling, ETL design and development, data and metadata managements., query design/development/tuning, database optimization, data governance, data quality, best practices)
– Competent level of infrastructure, cloud platforms (preferably AWS) and design patterns around those and the “devops” concept
– Expert level understanding of databases and data technologies including: traditional RDMBS, NoSQL, data stream solutions
– The role requires to have eagerness and ability to learn and adapt technologies, industry practices, tools, and trends
– Fluent level of English, additional language knowledge is a plus
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Teamwork skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
– Consistently using time effectively and efficiently
– Self-starter: able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little to no supervision
We hope that this is the perfect role for you if you are not only a professional, but driven to lead a team to its best!