What you’ll do:
The primary function of this critical position is to partner and collaborate with global stakeholder to develop and deliver an integrated learning strategy aligned to the specific challenges of the business.This role acts as an single point of contact for learning in EMEA – encompasing regional and global programs and targeted talent development. Additionally this role has regional oversight over deployment of Enterprise Employee Engagement survey and Accellerated Development Program.
• Creates a learning strategy for the region aligned with business goals and future vision, by assessing needs with senior leaders and key stakeholders, supporting key business initiatives and identifying the right balance of learning activities.
• Provides coaching, facilitation, team development in consultation with executive leaders and senior managers to implement organization improvement initiatives and foster organizational learning.
• Leads the EMEA learning interventions aimed at building high potential and diverse talent (FLX, MLE, Mentoring Program) and targeted deployment of digital curriculum. Works with global learning and culture team and leaders in the region to design, plan and facilitate learning content based on best practices and internal insights and with continuous improvement mindset.
• Ensures comprehensive development approach for EMEA General Manager and other hi-potential talent in partnership with Learning and Culture team.
• Leads regional deployment of Accelerated Development Program for selected top talent; including nomination process, liaison with key stakeholders and post program follow up and tracking. Act as coach for selected talent.
• Leads deployment of the enterprise employee engagement process (employee listening) and analysis to identify opportunities for improvement in organizational effectiveness. Acts as a liaison between corporate COE team and regional HRBPs, provide guidance and actionable insights, help businesses to understand and action the feedback.
• Continuously monitors the quality of delivery and alignment of learning to business needs and market trends. Benchmark with other training professionals/organizations both inside and outside of Eaton to keep abreast of possible solutions and effectively position them for Eaton. Develop, redesign and refresh learning offer, identifies and trains facilitators for the various programs.
• Manages internal client relationships and guide customers / employees towards the best solution for their need. Provides business consulting and partners with other learning and business groups to outsource operational activities of program deployment, oversee deployment and ensures sustained quality standards in program delivery. Contributes to regional and global program development with program design and virtual delivery design expertise in areas of leadership, functional and personal skills development.
– Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Communications or Business Administration
– Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources and/or corporate learning or related positions.
– Fluency English. Any other European languages would be a plus
– Leading abilities to run operation excellence processes
– Program design experience
– Project management and change management skills
– Experience in talent management, organizational effectiveness
– HR business partnering experience preferred
– Digital savvy, advanced communication, presentation and facilitation skills
Perks And Benefits:
• Healthcare And Retirement Savings Programs to support you now and as you plan for the future
• Wellness Programs And Resources to support the wellbeing of you and your family
• Flexible Work Options to help balance work/life demands
• Competitive Compensation Packages to reward skills and performance
• Ongoing Learning And Career Development Opportunities to help you grow