Exciting Opportunity for a Financial Accountant!
We are inviting you to join Howden and become a trusted and valued member of our Financial Accounting team, which is based in the Budapest Shared Service Centre. As a part of this vital team, you will have the opportunity to support numerous exciting projects in addition to your day-to-day tasks and engage in exciting and challenging work that will help you develop your skills and expertise.
In this role, you will manage the end-to-end financial accounting process globally, ensuring the application of US GAAP and local statutory requirements while also meeting other job-specific requirements, which are listed below.
– Performing daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation tasks and investigating/correcting discrepancies
– Completing manual booking and approve journal bookings and balance sheet reconciliations
– Preparing VAT returns/Intrastat/EC sales and purchase reporting
– Processing and allocating payments
– Preparing cash flow reports on a weekly basis
– Managing intercompany netting and process settlement booking
– Tracking and reporting of metrics on the overall financial accounting process
– Participating in process improvement and standardization projects
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. We offer hybrid working for this role which will allow you to enjoy the balance of home working and collaboration time with the team in our modern, friendly offices.
Who are we?
Howden is a leading global engineering business who focuses on providing mission-critical air and gas handling products to our clients, helping them to increase their environmental and operational efficiencies. At Howden, we recognise the value of people and truly believe that by working together, aligned to a common purpose, we all have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015 and employs more than 140 people who provide support in Finance, Procurement, Logistic, Data & BI, and IT.
Excellent benefits: competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Group Life, Accident and Health insurance, home office allowance, extra holidays, different recognition items linked to the service time, Well-being initiatives
– Development Opportunities: constant learning opportunities, free e-learning courses, the possibility of internal position changes and the chance to shape your own career
– Flexible and supportive working environment: opportunity of hybrid way of working, which helps you to find your balance between your corporate and private life
– Global diverse community where people can support and learn from each other, celebrate successes and have fun in team buildings and programs.
– Opportunity to be involved in our ESG “Bright Future” initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
– BA in the field of economics and/or accounting
– Strong understanding of the accounting principles
– Fluency in English is a must, but any European language knowledge is an advantage
– Strong MS Office knowledge, especially in Excel
– Good understanding of major ERP systems
– Strong analytical skills and ability to understand business needs and influence business impact
– Attention to details and accurate data management