UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEFs Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Business Transformation Innovation and Solutions.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking enthusiastic and talented candidates to support the Payroll Team in the GSSC in Budapest, Hungary. This is a great opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, multicultural context and for taking the first step towards an international career as part of the UN family in the payroll field.
The Payroll Team delivers support and services to UNICEF staff and work with more than 100 of our offices worldwide. We provide accurate and timely processing and payment of salary, benefits and entitlements, support a streamlined experience for staff new to UNICEF or those moving duty stations, and work closely with staff separating from the Organization.
We are using complex enterprise systems and working in a dynamic environment. You will have the chance to contribute to the development of payroll procedures, share knowledge and identify areas for continuous improvements.
If you are passionate about the field of payroll and want to join our team to support UNICEF operations and staff members worldwide, we would love to hear from you!
As an advocate for every child, you will receive:
• A competitive salary which is exempted from paying national income taxes in Hungary on United Nations emoluments
• Hybrid work opportunity
• Holidays and leave
• Parental leave
• Dependency allowance
• United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan
• Pension plan
• Optional life insurance plan
• Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
• Access to staff well-being support
• Access to career development support
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
• Completed secondary education level degree or Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, economics or related field
• Interest or already gained experience in payroll, finance, economics, business administration or related field
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint)
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish is an advantage
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID).