We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
What does the Developer Services team do?
Developer Services team helps Silicon Labs customers turn their IoT product concepts into real product. The high skilled team provides hardware and software engineering design services based on Silicon Labs Wireless IC portfolio. Silicon Labs Wireless portfolio includes many different transceivers and wireless MCUs for applications like Bluetooth, Zigbee/Thread, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, and proprietary wireless radios. Our devices simplify design effort, reduce BOM cost and accelerate time to market for a wide range of industrial and communications applications.
The Developer Services team at Silicon Labs is a critical link between our products and the end customer’s success, and its primary function is to help our customers to get to the market quicker using our products.
Learn more about our wireless solutions here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
What You Will Do:
n this role you will be working with our cutting edge wireless MCU and transceiver products. You will have a direct impact on the success of those products through your work by supporting our customers as they design and build connected systems.
Here is what your daily role will look like:
• Work with customers and help them design in our products into their final application, assist them with debugging difficult technical problems
• Be involved in the whole hardware design process: schematic, layout design, prototype building and evaluation
• Work closely with the Silicon Labs internal RF Applications team to evaluate, optimize customer products and new prototypes
• Generate measurement test reports for customers
What Skills You Need:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3 or more years of work experience in an applicable industry and role
• Experienced with RF electrical engineering fundamentals and methodologies
• Proficiency with electrical engineering design of printed circuit boards and systems
• Experience with use of electronics laboratory equipment and measurement techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices, soldering and hands on debug skills
• Experience with and a positive attitude towards providing technical support to customers over email/written formats in English
• Ability to work as a self-starter in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across MCU and Wireless technologies
Additional skills, that are a huge plus:
• Experience with Altium Design tools
• Experience with wireless communications such as BLE, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4 mesh networking, or sub-GHz proprietary radio communications
• Experience with EM simulation tools
• Basic programming language proficiency: C or Python
• Experience with developing firmware for 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU’s and/or wireless communication protocols
Budapest Perks & Benefits:
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
• annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
• great cafeteria system
• opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
• private health care access
• life and accident insurance for every employee
• mobile phone
• contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
• possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
• supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
• we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.