We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Are you amazed by the technological changes of the past 10 years regarding the Internet-of-Things (IoT)? Beyond classic home alarm systems, now intelligent heating/cooling, smart locks, electronic shelf labels, utility metering systems, as well as industrial smart monitoring systems and everything you wear are now accessible 24/7 from your pocket or from the Internet. And the list is exponentially growing for the next decades. The technology behind this is truly amazing: distributed or portable embedded systems communicating in many ways (wired or wireless), with an extreme energy-efficiency.
About the role
In order to match future needs of our customers, there are several teams in Silicon Labs working on the next generations of the wireless platforms.
Together with R&D and marketing, the system engineering team defines what kind of not-yet-existing applications are going to be invented in the IoT world by not-yet-existing companies in the next 2-5 years so that our products are already ready to use and in serial production when these demands arise.
Your tasks will include:
• Perform feasibility studies of new system-level solutions or optimizations, tear down end-applications, and research / influence / define new standards
• Generate and document requirements for the targeted market segments to develop our product roadmap
• Benchmark products or test new ideas and solutions for a particular work
To give a few more examples for do’s and don’ts:
• You will not develop code for a release, but occasionally you write embedded code or scripts to check innovative ideas
• You will not design final HW, but modify, understand and use them for future product development
• You will not execute complete validation, but you will analyze and measure products in the lab and also help validation teams if system requirements come into question.
Skills You’ll need
• A good understanding of embedded microcontroller architectures, features
• Understanding of the market segment use cases and the embedded applications from cloud down to the HW and component level (deep technical know-how).
• Experience with lab equipment: benchmarking products or testing new ideas and solutions for a particular work.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Must be comfortable explaining technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, including senior engineering leaders.
• MSc plus 3 years of experience or BSc plus 5 years of experience
Sound like a lot of work? Sure. You are definitely not going to be bored… On the other hand, you join to a team which has a direct impact on the future generation of cutting-edge technologies and devices which will help to realize the company vision: a more connected world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.