We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Program Management at Silicon Labs is recognized as a core function, enabling the company to excel in product development execution and delivery into the IoT space. This role will lead SoC product development, starting at project concept continuing through product development, validation, product launch and closing the project when released to full production. Program management engages at concept and definition phases to help determine effort, resource needs and schedule to ensure the execution plan supports the business requirements and timing. Once a project is approved, program management drives the program execution. At Silicon Labs that requires managing a very diverse global support infrastructure and numerous sub-project components that must be planned, monitored, and integrated at different points of maturity into the final platform solution.
Our leadership in IoT is driven by innovative solutions. With innovation comes technical challenges, that as a program manager, you’ll need to ensure have risk assessments and mitigation plans to minimize impact to committed deliverables. Solid anticipation, planning, collaboration, and communication skills are required for successful execution.
The IoT Sr. Program Manager position is critical to achieving our goals and enabling Silicon Labs to continue to evolve and enhance our increasingly connected world. Learn more about our portfolio here: https://www.silabs.com/solutions/iot
• BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
• 5+ years of related industry experience with 3+ years of proven project management experience in one or more of these areas: integrated circuit (IC) development, module development, IC packaging, validation, test and/or hardware development tools
• PMP certification is strongly desired
• Functional Role
• Provides program leadership for IoT integrated circuit system-on-chip (SoC) products
• Collaborate with leaders and individual contributors across the spectrum of functional teams such as IC Design, HW design, Test Managers, SW development, Applications, Validation, Operations and Product Management to create, manage and execute schedules
• Organize and facilitate cross-functional activities, nurturing collaboration, and ongoing alignment to ensure requirements are met, on schedule and within resource constraints
• Bottom’s up program/project planning including WBS, scheduling, resource forecasts, team enablement and executing using project management best practices and tools
• Records detailed requirements, commitments, constraints, dependencies, and assumptions with team members to form the program charter and project management plan.
• Monitor schedule and criteria performance using appropriate tools and techniques to measure the progress and health of the program
• Proactively recognize risks and deviations from plan, create options and drive approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate and minimize the impact to the program
• Ensure requests introduced to the program that affect scope are manage appropriately through established processes and do not impact planned execution prior to acceptance
• Actively participate and contribute to PMO continuous improvement projects targeted at methods, processes, templates, lessons learned and project management tools
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Passion for pulling a program/project together, the vision to anticipate challenges and the ability to navigate past the risks
• Working knowledge of, or experience with, integrated circuits, HW/SW tools, modules and software development and their interactions/enablement of the platform system solution
• Attributes that foster relationships, builds trust, and can influence across globally diverse cross-functional engineering and operational teams and leaders
• Ability to maintain a healthy pressure and challenge teams where there might be opportunity or need to improve or change an outcome
• Proficiency with project management concepts and tools
Budapest Perks and Benefits:
Joining Silicon Labs in Budapest, you will experience a supportive and multicultural global product organization, where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues.
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
• annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
• great cafeteria system
• opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
• private health care access
• life and accident insurance for every employee
• contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
• possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
• supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
• we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.