Exciting Opportunity for Tax Specialist, Transfer Pricing!
We are inviting you to join Howden and become a trusted and valued member of our Global Tax team, which has a growing presence in the Budapest Shared Service Centre. As a part of this vital team, you will have the opportunity to support numerous exciting projects in addition to your day-to-day tasks and engage in exciting and challenging work that will help you develop your skills and expertise.
The main purpose of the role will be focused on supporting the Global tax team primarily focused on global transfer pricing in particular the Senior Tax Manager based in the UK who leads Global Transfer pricing. You will be considered a member of the Group Tax team as well as a member of the SSC Financial Accounting team. You will perform analytical and accounting related tasks in an accurate and timely manner by following the process documentations and instructions given by Global Tax. In doing so, you will become a key point of contact in the business globally, helping our business units in completing their tax reporting and compliance obligations in a timely manner.
You will join 3 other tax specialists within the SSC and will take an active role in delivering and implementing improvement ideas. By way of training delivered by Global Tax, you will become an expert in transfer pricing calculations, transfer pricing documentation, understanding of the Chart global business and the use of tax technology in a global business.
– Following and maintaining work processes
– Completing tasks on or before deadline
– Ensuring compliance with compliance deadlines according to the relevant tax laws and regulations
– Preparation of global and regional management fee calculations
– Preparation and economic analysis of transfer pricing margins on business segments across global entities using the various transfer pricing methodologies.
– Assist in drafting local file transfer pricing documentation prepared in-house
– Perform first level draft of Global Master File for transfer pricing documentation
– Work with other members of Global tax team related to transfer pricing implications of global reporting
– Assist in preparation of transfer pricing requests by Global Auditor for year end financial statements
– Answer transfer pricing related questions and inquiries from business units
– Support Tax Senior Manager with transfer pricing analysis for Global TP policy and transfer pricing risk identification.
– Support the organization during transfer pricing audits and disputes,
– Gather data for reporting related to all transfer pricing calculations and other global reporting needs
– Assist with modeling of impacts of BEPS Pillar 2 and related calculations
– Participation in other ad-hoc projects managed by the Global Tax team
– Review transactions and processes and identify improvements to reduce time spent as much as possible by use of 365 programs, e.g. PowerApps, PowerAutomate, Excel macros, etc
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. We offer hybrid working for this role which will allow you to enjoy the balance of home working and collaboration time with the team in our modern, friendly offices.
Who are we?
Howden is a leading global engineering business who focuses on providing mission-critical air and gas handling products to our clients, helping them to increase their environmental and operational efficiencies. At Howden, we recognise the value of people and truly believe that by working together, aligned to a common purpose, we all have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015 and employs more than 140 people who provide support in Finance, Procurement, Logistic, Data & BI, and IT.
– Excellent benefits: competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Group Life, Accident and Health insurance, home office allowance, extra holidays, different recognition items linked to the service time, Well-being initiatives
– Development Opportunities: constant learning opportunities, free e-learning courses, the possibility of internal position changes and the chance to shape your own career
– Flexible and supportive working environment: opportunity of hybrid way of working, which helps you to find your balance between your corporate and private life
– Global diverse community where people can support and learn from each other, celebrate successes and have fun in team buildings and programs.
– Opportunity to be involved in our ESG “Bright Future” initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
– Understanding/Experience of principles of global indirect taxes (VAT,GST, US Sales and Use tax)
(experience of US rules a plus)-
– Understanding/Knowledge/Experience of income tax principals (experience of US concepts a plus)
– Accounting knowledge
– Experience of preparing tax accounting entries and external disclosures
– MS 365/Office proficient. Proficiency (or willingness to learn) use of PowerApps and PowerAutomate
– Good project management/problem solving skills
– Desire to understand then drive improvement/automation to processes
– Ability to review discursive/narrative information and make assessments of completeness of responses
– Willingness to learn about tax rules in various jurisdictions
– Fluent written communication skills in Hungarian and English essential (other languages a plus)
– A number of responses will be subjective so a good ability to recognise when to escalate/seek technical input
from Group Tax is required
– Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and manage upwards
– Willingness to become an integral member of the Global Tax team and key tax contact within the SSC