We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to support our Validation teams! You will be working with our colleagues globally: Austin, Oslo, Budapest, Hyderabad, and Singapore.
Your day-to-day tasks will include working with all the global Validation teams to plan and prioritize work, optimize interactions with other teams and improve workflows and processes. In this role you will cooperate closely with the Program Management team to ensure Validation dependencies, deliverables and priorities are in sync with the rest of the product development program.
Validation is a critical part of the Silicon Labs product development cycle. Validation teams receive the first prototypes of a new product and take them to the lab to measure performance and validate functionality. Results are fed back to our design teams or determine datasheet specifications and they drive decisions on product revisions and product launches.
Our leadership in IoT is driven by innovative solutions. With innovation comes technical challenges, that as a project manager, you’ll need to ensure we have risk assessments and mitigation plans to minimize impact to committed deliverables. Solid anticipation, planning, collaboration, and communication skills are required for successful execution.
The Validation Project Manager position is critical to achieving our goals and enabling Silicon Labs to continue to evolve and enhance our increasingly connected world. Learn more about our portfolio here: https://www.silabs.com/applications/iot
• BSc or MSc in electronics, computer science or similar field
• 4+ years of relevant experience with 2+ years of proven project management experience (preferably in electronics development)
• Experience developing project plans with significant interdependencies, utilizing critical path management, and driving projects successfully.
These will make you shine above the rest:
• Experience in any of these fields: SoC development, module development, packaging, validation, test, qualifications, development tools
• having a PMP, Prince or Agile certification or similar
• In this role, you will:
• Provide team project management for the world-wide Validation teams on IoT system-on-chip (SoC) products
• Collaborate with leaders and individual contributors across the spectrum of functional teams such as IC Design, HW design, Production Test, SW development, Applications, Operations and Product Management to create, manage and execute schedules
• Organize and facilitate cross-team activities, nurturing collaboration, and ongoing alignment to ensure requirements are met
• Bottom’s up project planning including WBS, scheduling, dependency management, resource forecasts, team enablement and execution
• Monitor schedule and criteria performance
• Proactively recognize risks and deviations from plan, create options and drive approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate and minimize the impact
• Ensure requests introduced to the validation teams that affect active projects are managed and prioritized appropriately through established processes
• Actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement projects
• Actively cooperate with the global PMO to ensure alignment and improve processes and cooperation
• Keep an eye on multiple parallel hardware validation focused tasks, recognize overlapping objectives, resource overallocation and constraints.
We are looking for you, if you have:
• Passion for pulling a project together, the vision to anticipate challenges and the ability to navigate past the risks
• Strong technical understanding or HW project management
• Ability to influence across globally diverse cross-functional engineering and operational teams
• Experience in project management concepts and tools
• Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
• Fluent English knowledge
• Desire to cooperate with colleagues across Asia, Europe and America
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
• annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
• great cafeteria system
• opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
• private health care access
• life and accident insurance for every employee
• contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
• possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
• supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
• we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.