We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Meet the Proprietary Wireless SDK Development Team
The Proprietary Wireless SDK Development Team at Silicon Labs Budapest creates:
• the Flex SDK for proprietary/custom protocol solutions
• the Wi-SUN SDK
• the Amazon Sidewalk SDK
We’re also involved into Bluetooth development as we own dynamic multiprotocol applications (proprietary + Bluetooth) either. We create the frameworks with sample applications, provides data to build tools for our customers such as our Radio / Wi-SUN / Bluetooth Configurators. We are also responsible for Wi-Sun protocol sniffer which allows our customers to debug their wireless devices. Last but not least we create the development flows in Simplicity Studio (Silicon Labs IDE) for the above-mentioned SDKs.
Learn more about our Wireless solutions here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
In this role you will get to work closely together with the R&D team as an honored member of it. Your job will be maintaining and refactoring our already existing automations, mechanisms, backends and we also have lots of wishes and dreams you will be able to create from scratch. Longer term: Hardware Testing, Unit Testing or even C coding is also possible if you are interested in.
What You Will Do
• Extend and maintain the Budapest Server Farm we use
• Maintain and update the already existing ~10 Jenkins Jobs
• Monitor, performance analyse, and optimize the infrastructure, tools, and processes
• Create Docker foreach SDK both for Jenkins and Local usage
• Participate in the bring-up of the automated smoke testing system
• Refactor and maintain the already existing scripts for
o Code Size Monitoring
o Hardware Filtering
o Smoke Test Backend
o Unit Test Infrastructure
• Collaborate with other DevOps folks supporting the other protocols
• Any other innovation is more than welcomed
• Longer term: Unit Testing, Hardware Testing or even Application/Feature Development
• Skills Needed
• BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
• Experience with the full software development life cycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing,and documentation
• Experience with Jenkins, Python, and Git
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills (English also)
• We consider the following experience as a plus
• Docker, bash, shell, batch, .json, .yaml, .xml, .xsd
• Experience with unit test/hardware test/simulation /code coverage/static code analysis
• Experience with developing scripts across Multiple OS systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
• Linux, Raspberry PI
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
• annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
• great cafeteria system
• opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
• private health care access
• life and accident insurance for every employee
• contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
• possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
• supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
• we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Exciting? We think so!! If you do too, come talk with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.