UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEFs Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary provides services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Business Transformation Innovation and Solutions.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF GSSC is seeking enthusiastic and talented candidates to support the HR Administration Section in Budapest, Hungary. This is a great opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, multicultural context and for taking the first step towards an international career as part of the UN family in the human resources field.
You will have the opportunity to support UNICEF staff members worldwide by performing a wide range of activities related to onboarding, benefits and entitlements, personnel management and offboarding. We are using complex enterprise systems and working in a dynamic environment. You will have the chance to contribute to the development of HR procedures, share knowledge and identify areas for continuous improvements.
If you are passionate about the field of human resources and want to join our team to support UNICEF operations and staff members worldwide, we would love to hear from you!
As an advocate for every child, you will receive:
• A competitive salary which is exempted from paying national income taxes in Hungary on United Nations emoluments
• Hybrid work opportunity
• Holidays and leave
• Parental leave
• Dependency allowance
• United Nations sponsored medical insurance plan
• Pension plan
• Optional life insurance plan
• Access to professional development and learning programs, online learning and learning path
• Access to staff well-being support
• Access to career development support
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
• Completed secondary education level degree or Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in HR, business administration, finance, economics or related field
• Interest or already gained experience in HR, administration, economics, business administration or related field
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint)
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish is an advantage
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID).