Exciting opportunity for a Tax Specialist, Tax Reporting!
The main purpose of the role will be focused on supporting the Group Tax team, in particular the Senior Tax Manager who leads group tax reporting. You will be considered a member of the Group Tax team. You will perform analytical and accounting related tasks in an accurate and timely manner by following the process documentations and instructions given by Global Tax. In doing so, you will become a key point of contact in the business globally, helping our business units in completing their tax reporting and compliance obligations in a timely manner.
You will take an active role in delivering and implementing improvement ideas. By way of training delivered by Global Tax, you will become an expert in tax reporting processes and the use of tax technology in a global business.
Key Accountabilities will include
– Following and maintaining work processes
– Completing tasks on or before deadline
– Ensuring compliance with SOX rules, policies and procedures
– Managing the Global Tax service-desk/mailbox
– Group quarterly and annual tax reporting, including managing our in-house tax-technology solution which runs on Microsoft 365
– Calculation of consolidated tax adjustments under US GAAP
– Review of balance sheet account reconciliations for current tax accounts across the business
– Manage the Global Tax reporting process, including the management of queries and comments raised by tax team members and the external auditors
– Supporting the Senior Tax manager in the preparation of UK tax returns and tax accounting under both UK GAAP and US GAAP
– Preparation of UK Group VAT return
– Responsibility for tax affairs of the Howden Hungary legal entity
– Assist Group Tax in ensuring withholding tax positions are correct and appropriately documented across the group, including liaising with HMRC in the UK to obtain relevant certificates
– Support the Senior Transfer Pricing Manager in the calculation of management fees and management of inter-company documentation and local files
– Participation in other ad-hoc projects managed by the Global Tax team
– Review process and identify improvements to reduce time spent as much as possible by use of 365 programs, e.g. PowerApps, PowerAutomate, Excel macros, etc
This is a permanent position working Monday to Friday. We offer hybrid working for this role which will allow you to enjoy the balance of home working and collaboration time with the team in our modern, friendly offices.
Who are we?
Howden is a leading global engineering business who focuses on providing mission-critical air and gas handling products to our clients, helping them to increase their environmental and operational efficiencies. At Howden, we recognise the value of people and truly believe that by working together, aligned to a common purpose, we all have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015 and employs more than 140 people who provide support in Finance, Procurement, Logistic, Data & BI, and IT.
– Excellent benefits: competitive salary and cafeteria package, Private Medical Services, Group Life, Accident and Health insurance, home office allowance, extra holidays, different recognition items linked to the service time, Well-being initiatives
– Development Opportunities: constant learning opportunities, free e-learning courses, the possibility of internal position changes and the chance to shape your own career
– Flexible and supportive working environment: opportunity of hybrid way of working, which helps you to find your balance between your corporate and private life
– Global diverse community where people can support and learn from each other, celebrate successes and have fun in team buildings and programs.
– Opportunity to be involved in our ESG “Bright Future” initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate
– High level professional skills
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce extremely accurate work
– Independent worker
– Global and out of the box thinking (ownership) Customer focused
– Team player
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Strong analytical knowledge
– Ability to meet priorities and deadlines
– Good time management skills